The purpose of this course is fundamentally focused on the structures and properties of materials including atomic structure and bonding, crystallography, structure of materials, defects and diffusion, mechanical properties, strengthening mechanisms, and failure.
2. Atomic Structure and Interatomic Bonding
3. Fundamental of Crystallography
4. The Structure of Crystalline Solids
5. Structures of Polymers
6. Imperfections in Solids
8. Mechanical Properties of Metals
9. Dislocations and Strengthening Mechanisms
11. Phase Diagram
The purpose of this course is fundamentally focused on the structures and properties of materials including atomic structure and bonding, structure of metals, defects and diffusion in solids, mechanical properties, dislocations and strengthening mechanisms, phase diagrams, and phase transformations.
W. D. Callister, Jr. and D. G. Rethwisch, Materials Science and Engineering, 9th Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 2015.
1. W. F. Smith and J. Hashemi, Foundations of Materials Science and Engineering, 5th Edition, McGraw-Hill, 2009.
2. J. P. Schaffer, A. Saxena, S. D. Antolovich, T. H. Sanders, Jr., and S. B. Warner, The Science and Design of Engineering Materials, 2nd Edition, McGraw-Hill, 1999.
3. K. G. Budinski and M. K. Budinski, Engineering Materials: Properties and Selection, 9th Edition, Pearson, 2010.
4. R. E. Hunnel, Understanding Materials Science, Springer, 1998.
|評分項目 Grading Method||配分比例 Grading percentage||說明 Description|
|Exam 1Exam 1
|Exam 2Exam 2
|Exam 3Exam 3
|Exam 4Exam 4