In Composition II, students will learn to:
1. identify and develop a controlling idea/topic sentence/thesis statement
2. organize and develop support for a topic sentence/thesis statement
3. organize essays in a logical order and with proper transitions
4. write expository essays with different development strategies (enumeration, process analysis, causal analysis)
5. write a summary-response essay on a selected article (summarizing, quoting, paraphrasing)
6. write peer review
Composition 2 is a second-year required course and is the continuation of Composition 1, building on the English-language skills developed in Composition 1. This course focuses primarily on writing multi-paragraph essays. The course continues to stress accuracy in writing and emphasizes skills and strategies to improve the ability to communicate in written English. Students will also learn how to analyze and strengthen their written English and that of their classmates. The general goal of the course is to increase the academic English language proficiency of the students to a high-intermediate level in writing. This course is taught together with Oral Training 2.
Wyrick, Jean. Steps to Writing Well with Additional Readings. 12th ed. Boston: Thomson Wadsworth, 2007.
|評分項目 Grading Method||配分比例 Grading percentage||說明 Description|
|essay assignmentsessay assignments
||60||including homework and in-class writing|
|finl examfinl exam